Performs routine inspection of products for conformance to specific product standards. Properly load and unload various types of production equipment. Perform various types of assembly and packaging operations. Perform housekeeping tasks as assigned. Generally, this is an 8 hour per day position with 10 minute break in the morning, a 30 minute break for lunch, and another 10 minute break in the afternoon.
· Follow OMI /Operator work instructions, maintain single piece flow and follow standard work practices
in the production process.
· Maintain consistent productivity that matches the needs of the press or production flow free of errors.
· Visually inspect and pack parts per work instructions and packaging diagrams
· Perform routine inspection of product to standard
· Complete inspection audit reports, where applicable
· Keep Supervisor informed of, and document any abnormalities in the production flow and product quality
· Records appropriate data collections as required
· Inform technicians of any non-conforming parts found in a timely manner
· Attend all required meetings and training when scheduled
· Maintain a safe a clean work area
· Must be a team player and capable teaching and instructing other in various aspects of the job in situations like during peer training, communication to management and continuous improvement efforts.
· Conduct inspections of parts and provide necessary information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
· Job requires accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
· Must follow 5S Standards
· Must provide quality products 100% of the time
· Must be able to work overtime on a short notice
· Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable
· Attendance is crucial in the Press Operator position
· Must exemplify a positive, respectful and “can-do” attitude not only for one’s self but for how it will affect other associates
· All associates are accountable for their own work, purposed changes and solutions that increase their work performance and the company’s business results
Education and Job Experience Requirements
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred
· Must have knowledge and ability to work in the Plex system comfortably and efficiently
Work Environment and Physical Demands
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, talk and hear
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. and occasionally may maneuver up to 50 lbs.
· Specific visions abilities required by this job may include but not limited to close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
· Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment for a minimum of 8-12 hours per day; able to work overtime on short notice
· Must be able to stand continuously for the duration of a scheduled shift, minimum 8-12 hours per day