The Plating Technician III is responsible for insuring the quality of all parts produced by the automatic plating area.
· Reading and understanding work instructions and quality inspection standards and applying the documents in a fast paced production system.
· Maintaining safe work practices and procedures in the plating area; using proper safety equipment correctly.
· Knowledge of tank and weirs with level, formulation, air agitation, filtrations, and chemical maintenance procedures.
· Ability to conduct a failure analysis for plating scrap and implement a correct of actions.
· Knowledge of chemical laboratory analysis procedures and recommended all chemical addition for plating solutions.
· Scheduling and implementation maintenance required for the plating process.
· Ability of troubleshooting and problem solving for all plating defects.
· Communication with production and plating associates to control and improve product quality throughout the automatic plating processes.
· Monitoring, cleaning, and changing all filtrations and the regeneration system, and metal recovery equipment, if it is required.
· Interpretation of the data and analysis provided by the plating laboratory to maintain the plating process.
· Advanced knowledge on the plating line computer system.
· Knowledge of hazardous material handling, solution maintenance, basic chemistry, basic plating on plastic training, troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Advanced plating computer skill
· Proficient to follow instruction with complete accuracy.
· Able to stand on your feet for 8 hours, able to lift 50 pounds to the chest.
· Must have an excellent attendance records and housekeeping skill.
· Must be able to operate and/or obtain a forklift driver license.
· Ability to comprehend and interpret technical procedures and regulations.
· Ability to maintain a safe, clean and presentable work area.
· Must be willing and able to continually rotate through a variety of manufacturing processes, performing all types of tasks in a cell/team environment.
· Able to work at established production rates and demonstrate well hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
· Must demonstrate the ability to operate equipment without causing injury to yourself, or damage to equipment or product.
· Demonstrate ability to function in a high performance work team environment.