Develops, implements, and manages effective quality policies and procedures. Achieve high customer satisfaction by effectively managing direct personnel and work with the operating staff.
• Manage the overall quality system to TS standards and provide data driven feedback to upper management.
• Manage/Supervise the employees of the Quality Department including offsite product or process evaluations of contractors.
• Perform annual performance evaluations and maintain records of the Quality staff
• Prepare a budget for the Quality Department
• Monitor quality system trends using process control methodologies, improvement actions and ensure proper root cause analysis and corrective actions
• Identify system wide root causes and work with department managers and teams to predict defects and complaints then develop and implement solutions to improve
• Perform plant wide audits on quality related activities and provide improvement plans on findings
• Respond formally to customer concerns and issues through offsite visits or formal written responses.
• Actively participate in resolution of product quality problems through interface with operations, sales and customer representatives.
• Active involvement in projects as they relate to quality and associated customer satisfaction issues
• Supervisor quality testing projects
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
• Must have the ability to lead, motivate and develop personnel, particularly with project and cross functional teams. Proficient in multiple technical disciplines, analytics and assurance techniques.
• Must follow all company rules, regulations and policies
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Experience with other application specific software may also be beneficial
• Preview working experience in automotive and/or plating environment
• ASQ certification
Education and Job Experience Requirements
• BS or BA degree in job related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years in management experience with strong communication and team building skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk and sit
• Use hands repetitively to handle, move, and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds
• Twist the body and reach with hands and arms
• Climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Communicate (ie. Talk, hear)
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an uncontrolled climate environment.