· Plan , Organize and lead the manufacturing floor consistent with the needs of our customers & EG standards
· Manage the personnel & processes to produce injection molding products
· Manages all production personnel, maintain attendance records, evaluate and develop employees
· Drive improvement in the areas of quality, schedules, scrap, down time, safety, and housekeeping
· Meet production requirements through the utilization of support teams, notify departments of any tooling or equipment problems
· Maintain a safe working environment
· Assures time and attendance procedures are followed.
· Assures productivity standards are achieved.
· Promote an environment of continuous improvement and positive thinking.
· Must follow quality policy guidelines.
· Training administration and records maintenance as directed
· Actual in time training in a classroom setting as well as on the production floor
· Other duties as assigned
· Regular, predictable attendance is required for the Front Line Leader position
· Regular, predictable attendance is a prerequisite to other job functions
· Safety is a requirement of all job positions
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions
- Strong communication and training skills and the ability to communicate information to others
- Strong interpersonal skills and supervisory skills
- The ability to work without supervision
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to OSHA and FDA.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and establish facts
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be Computer Literate with experience using Microsoft Office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access as well as application specific software.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Working knowledge of Plexus.
Decision Making Authority
· Stop production if unsafe conditions exist or if quality expectations are not met
· Discuss disciplinary actions for associates with partnership from the Plant Manager