Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
- One year of experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- Must have own vehicle for transportation to another nearby facility
Education and Job Experience
- High school diploma is preferred but not required
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk or hear; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic chemicals. The employee may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock from live wires on presses or on the floor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
This is a part-time position.
The work environment and physical demands detailed above are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.